Reblog if you’re a Black Girl with Natural Hair!
I just want to know how many of us there are!
nappy and proud!
Nappy and Loving it!!!!!!!!
You don’t have to justify your body.
If you’re thin, you don’t have to say ‘but I eat all the time!’/’I have a fast metabolism!’
If you’re fat, you don’t have to say ‘it’s genetic!’/’I’m trying to lose weight!’
You don’t need to explain to anybody why your body is the way it is. Your body is YOUR body, and that’s all the justification you need.
I love this
Anonymous asked: Anybody else feel completely exhausted after having to concentrate? It takes me so long to gear up for, say, writing just one paragraph of a paper and then I feel like I need a break after writing a few sentences. It makes homework take forever. Any suggestions/tips? Thanks for all you do!
This is pretty common. It takes a lot of energy to do brain-work, and because that sort of thing is harder for us than it is for other people, it can tire us more quickly.
Try having a healthy snack before you start - something that includes both carbs and proteins, like maybe an apple with peanut butter, so you get a rush of energy and then more sustained energy after the carb energy runs out. Taking active breaks can also help give your brain a bit of a buzz, and see how you feel right after you work out; maybe that’s when you should be trying to do your homework!
How to feel better about yourself:
1. Sleep without underwear every once and a while, it’s good for you. Maybe even try sleeping naked.
2. Take long baths with tea, ice cream, or whatever you please. Throw in bubbles if that’s your style.
3. Look at yourself like you look at your best friend. Find the freckles you love, what your eyes look best with, what hairstyle compliments your smile.
4. When you look at your naked body in the mirror, only think good things. Say compliments to yourself aloud. Watch yourself smile, and encourage yourself.
5. Take yourself out on a date. Treat yourself to the things you love. You’re alone yes, but there is nothing wrong with that. Remember all the times you were smothered by people and talking crowds, and you only wanted to be alone with yourself.
6. Write yourself a love note. Tell yourself your favorite things about you, and tell yourself all the things you want to become. Tell yourself you’ll love you forever.
7. Take pictures of yourself. Selfies are magnificent! Take 500! Take them everywhere! Find the good lighting! Pick your favorite one and realize what a wonderful work of art you are.
8. Acknowledge your accomplishments, all of them. Got out of bed? It’s hard sometimes and it’s been hard before, so honestly great job. Drink lots of water, and at the end of the day congratulate yourself for staying hydrated. Let yourself know when you are proud, and soak up the feeling of “well done”. h0wlinggh0st (via dishevelment)